When you’re tired of boring eggs for breakfast and you’re looking to add a bit of flavor in your morning routine, you are in the right place! These Greek Egg Cups are the perfect low-carb, grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings!
This recipe comes straight from my brand new Tasty Meal Plan that we’ll be using for our January Cycle 1 Challenge.
These Greek Egg Cups use simple ingredients that are packed with flavor, and they’re easy to make, too!
If you’re looking for low carb options for breakfast time for the 17 Day Diet, these are great for all cycles.
By the way, yes you can have cheese on the 17 Day Diet! I go into more detail about whether or not cheese is allowed on the 17 Day Diet and you might be surprised!
If you’re on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet, you can certainly eat these starting on the Soak Up Phase when eggs are allowed. Keep reading as I’ll let you know exactly the changes you need to make to the recipe to make it 100% compliant.
Ingredients for Greek Egg Cups
Like I mentioned, this recipe calls for SIMPLE ingredients. Here’s a quick run down:
- Eggs (obviously)
- Kalamata Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
Ingredient Substitutions for Greek Egg Cups
You can certainly switch up the ingredients if you’re not a fan of any of the above. Here are a few examples of substitutions to use:
- Broccoli or asparagus instead of spinach
- Regular Olives or capers instead of Kalamata Olives (or skip all together)
- Bell Pepper instead of Cherry Tomatoes
- Your Favorite Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss) instead of Feta Cheese (or skip all together)
Now, if you alter the recipe too much, you’re likely no longer eating Greek inspired egg cups!
Which Phase of the 17 Day Kickstart Diet is This Approved For?
If you’re on the original 17 Day Diet, you can enjoy these Greek Egg Cups on any cycle.
However, if you’re on the new Kickstart Diet, you will need to wait until the Soak Up Phase (starting on day 4). Even then, you’ll make a small change to make this 100% compliant: omit the cheese.
If you cannot live without cheese, then you’ll need to wait until the Stabilize Phase (starting on day 10).
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed in each phase, make sure you take a look at my complete 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Keto Greek Egg Cups
If you’re on a Ketogenic Diet, this egg recipe is perfect for you! Make sure to use full-fat cheese to get the full benefit of all the delicious fat to help you stay satiated!
Silicone Baking Cups For Easy Removal
There’s a good possibility that no matter how much non-stick spray you use, your egg cups may stick to your pan.
To ensure easy removal, consider using silicone baking cups. Trust me, you’ll thank me later!
Other Low Carb Egg Recipes
If you’re like me and you love your eggs in the morning, make sure you check out these other egg-celent egg-based recipes!
If you also want more ideas for breakfast that do not include eggs, make sure you check out my Low Carb Breakfast Ideas post for more healthy breakfast options!
If you make this Greek Egg Cup recipe, make sure you come back to review the recipe card! If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your pretty cups!
- 5 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Spinach, chopped
- 12 Cherry or Grape tomatoes, quarter or halved depending on size
- 6 Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 6 regular size muffin tin with either silicone liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, salt and pepper and beat well. Set aside.
- Evenly disperse chopped spinach, tomatoes and olives into each tin.
- Next, pour the egg mixture evenly into each tin and gently stir each tinned mixture with a spoon or fork.
- Next, add a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese over the top of each tin.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until egg muffins are cooked through completely.
- Store leftovers in air-tight containers inside the refrigerator.
Yields 6 muffins. One serving size is 2 muffins.
- 17 Day Diet – all cycles
- 17 Day Kickstart Diet – Soak Up and Stabilize Phase (omit cheese during Soak Up)
- Keto Diet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)