A single pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium total wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm pieces and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warmth the olive oil in a huge cooking pot above medium-large warmth.
- Insert the minced garlic and cook dinner for a moment stirring with a picket spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Add fifty percent of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Incorporate calamari pieces and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Lessen heat to medium. Stir in the orzo and prepare dinner for a moment, stirring at times.
- Pour in the incredibly hot drinking water little by minimal stirring consistently with a wood spoon. The orzo will absorb it swiftly. It will take about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook dinner this way and turn into al dente. Not much too gentle when you bite it. Insert the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, after you have stirred in all the h2o and the orzo has cooked to al dente, take the pot off the heat and permit stand for a few minutes. The extra orzo sits the a lot more it absorbs the sauce so never get worried if the sauce would not look as thick. It will get there even if it truly is taken off from the heat.
- Provide orzo with plenty of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on prime with basil leaves.
(Visited 354 occasions, 3 visits right now)